<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 08, 2007

Window 

Ouch, yes I have not been avoiding blogging, just too busy playing I guess. That and I jumped on the Facebook train; still it doesn’t give me that personal feeling like this site does.

Ok and quite update and then a great story I want to share.

Since we last talked I have been to Montreal and at the St Jean base just outside of Montreal. It was nice but nothing like my week in Ottawa. Plus the training was a little dry.

The I ran my first 10km of the season. I’m going completely backwards. Full, Half and then a 10km. Results…..well not bad but not my best49:57. I wanted a 48 time but the wind was super strong for the last 6km and a killer at the finish. Not when you want to be faced with wind. It is like placing a hill at the finish. Next 10 km on July 1 so who knows.

So now for my story that I have no idea why I did not share before. Before I run a race I can always tell if things are going to go good based on the morning. So far with the 10km & the Half I had a little stress with not having pins for my number and my Ipod freezing just before the race. I made it through but still not perfect. On the other hand, the Rome Marathon was the opposite. I knew early, before the race started that it was going to be great. How? Let me tell you. We were walking to the Coliseum to the start line and I was humming a song in my head and not sure what I was. It turned to my sweet and sad that I have this song in my head and I think it is U2 but have no idea what to attribute it to. We walk into a coffee bar and what is playing on the Radio in Rome on a Sunday Morning……….Windows in the Sky by U2. It was the some I was humming in the streets of Rome! This was one of those moments were the blood flows and the you really do get stuck in a moment. I just new that the rest of the Day would be fine and I walk to the start line still humming the song. Very few moments like this happen in life and you have a sense that everything around you is in balance and at that very moment you are in the zone of understanding.

So enjoy Bono and the boys and I can really see “What Love Has
Done.”

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2807105

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?