<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Holy See 

Today we spent the day at the Vatican City. It was beyond my amazement. What a spectacle and it is so huge. We walked throught the Museum and it was hallway after hallway of wonderful art, statues, paintings and collections of the past. My neck is sore from looking up so much. Then after a brief explanation...we saw it. The Sistine Chapel. It was surreal! So massive and so vivid. No way to explain it...it must be seen. I stood under God creating man for 5 minutes and then I was mesmerized by the last judgment.

Then we proceed to St Peters and what else is there to say but it is the worlds largest and richest church. Gold, bronze and marble everywere. We left the church and entered St. Peters Square. I must admit it looked very small but it was designed what way. It is still huge but that curves and slopes make it intimate.

I now understand why people stand in line for hours for the Sistine Chapel. I would.

Peace be with you.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?