<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Forget it 

The things that I've loved, things that I've lost
Things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need

The above little ditty is from Audioslaves hit Doesn't Remind Me. How many songs can I name that are tied to an event. Soundtrack of our lives kinda thing. This song however hits me home because alas it asks and answers that question that everyone is asking. One simple word with so much danger. Why? Yes everyone is asking why these days and seeking answers. Well as the above says, I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget. Don't seek the answers that will haunt or never really be answered;

Bend and shape me
I love the way you are
Slow and sweetly
Like never before
Calm and sleeping
We won't stir up the past
So discretely
We won't look back

It is almost like we can draw a line in that sand from a moment and move one. Sounds easy right. Well if your dreams and subconsious agrees then you're ok, if not keep at it. If I have learned anything this year it is that we need to enjoy the good and every moment of it because it can change in an instant but I also learned that only thing I can control is the way I react to things. For me right now the great news is that I have that "we" to not look back.

So thanks Chris for writing such a wonderful song with a message really for everyone. Be it a past relationship or something as simple as a bad day.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?