<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 11, 2005

3 Funerals, and broken arm and a Wedding 

Yes, our wedding. Yes I said our wedding as Elaine and I are engaged. The big date is August 19 in Moose Jaw. With the recent family events in our lives, it has never become so clear how important family and friends are in your life. So on Elaine's Birthday I proposed to her. Here is the story.

Well I bought a ring 2 weeks ago on a trip to Regina. I told my friend that I went shopping and she asked me if it was something shiny but I denied all that. So I was planning to propose the day before Elaine's birthday and take her to the Emerson Drive Concert but that became unglued when my Baba passed away and we went to the funeral in Saskatoon the day before her birthday and stayed at the farm. Even with this I still wanted to propose and Baba would not want it any other way. So I formed a new plan but It was tested to the max. I was going to take Elaine out for supper in North Battleford and show here the park were I use to work and do it there. Well in the mean time my family (god love them) invited themselves to come for supper with us. Now this posed the problem because I want to be alone and they wanted to travel with us. (no!) So we worked it out that they would drive with my sister even thought the space was tight. I told everyone we were going shopping and showing Elaine more of were I grew up. Well that worked. Then in the afternoon my sister started packing up and I asked what they were doing. Well having a newborn proves to be time consuming so they just packed early (relief). To make things worse I want to propose on the riverbed and it just recently snowed and I was not sure if I could make it to the river (I made it). Then to top everything off I had to tell my Dad that he could not come with us. He want us to drop him off but I had to frequently say no!

Ok so I finally made it. Went for a walk in the sand along the river and we had a conversation and I wished were happy birthday and gave her a card that I made in the kindergarten style folded paper and marker variety. Well I pulled out the ring, got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. Elaine started crying and here exact works when she saw it was "Are you serious?" followed by yes.

So that is it. I have a beautiful and amazing girl to wake up for the rest of my life. The best feeling in the world is to know that you are loved and John and Paul really had it right, "All you need is love"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?