<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

An open letter to sick people. 

Spring is on it’s way and with this mean the flu, cold and running noses. I would like to urge everyone who is coughing and sneezing and feeling ill. To STAY HOME. Please do not bring your viruses, flu bugs, sniffles and air born pathogens to the work environment. I will fill you in on little secret...you have sick days use them. This way you get paid to be sick instead of work. I know this may seem confusing or misleading but please don’t infect the office with whatever your child has caught from school, you husband/wife has contacted at work or whatever symptom has infected you from public library books. Please STAY HOME. Not everyone is always happy at work to begin with and being sick and unhappy at work does not produce a productive work environment. Just think how happy you would be with Oprah, Dr. Phil, Ellen or Judge Judy instead. This way you can be grumpy with them and not agitate the already bumpy waters at work. I eat right, get enough sleep, workout and exercise. My immune system is strong but it can be suseptatble to a flu bug. Please don’t jeopardize my chance at running my next ½ marathon as a PB. Please. I know you can’t help it that you are sick but remember you can call in sick and STAY HOME.

In summary I would like to thank all those individuals in the office the did call in sick. Is is very much appreciated.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?