<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Dirty Little Thing 





What? Sorry I can’t hear all that well. My ears are ringing because I just experience nothing but rock n f**kin roll from Velvet Revolver. Wow they really blew the door wide open and rocked the stage. I have never seen a band run around on a stage and rock so hard. Duff on the bass was all over the place, Scott singing into the megaphone and then Slash just like the Slash we know with the top hat, cigarette and guitar straight up playing riffs that define him. Reminded me of the November Rain video with Slash in front of the church in the desert. Anyways this was so worth the trip. They played all the Contraband songs and then rocked out with 3 GnR songs and 1 STP song. Final set included an amazing version of Mr. Brownstone and Slither live! I used to do a little, but a little wouldn’t do so a little go more and more! This is how I know feel about these guys!

Set List was this:

• Sucker Train Blues
• Do it for the Kids
• Headspace
• Superhuman
• Crackerman
• Illegal I
• Fall to Pieces
• Dirty Little Thing
• Big Machine
• It's So Easy
• Sex Type Thing
• Set Me Free
• You Got No Right
• Used to Love Her
• Mr. Brownstone
• Slither

So this amazing concert was preluded by a great time again at home to see all the family and the farm for Easter. Got to see baby again and all his new tricks. It started off great on Thursday saying goodbye to my buddy who went to India for 7 weeks. Not my idea of a vacation but then hey I run for fun so I can’t comment. I also pulled out a 18 km run. Today is Day 1 with training for the next two months. Need to step it up. I guarantee that more Velvet Revolver will be in my mp3 player.

I also learned that a simple phone call can elevate you day. Well that is when it is from the special someone.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?