<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 24, 2005

Ode to a Saskatchewan Winter 

What a wirlwind weekend. I mean that in a whole bunch of ways. I think I can
define what it means to live in Saskatchewan by this weekend. We can define
ourselves by how we react to each other and how we continue to succeed with the
weather outside. Since the weather outside this weekend was oohh so frightful.

I took Friday afternoon of to watch a little curling in Weyburn (that is right...rural
Saskatchewan's #1 sport). Back to Weyburn were nothing has changed since the
summer. The real challenge was getting there. Umm zero visibility is pretty scary
on the highway with semi's behind you and car blowing past you. 40 km on the
highway but I made it to watch a cutie curl in the afternoon. They lost and played at
8:00 am on Saturday. This meant that I have been up at 7:00 am the last 3
Saturdays. Not complaining because it has been fun doing it but still...7:00 am on
Saturday morning. It was a little different just sitting back and being a fan. A big fan
of women's curling. Something I'm not always use to as I'm either playing or
organizing something. Once again I really enjoyed being in Weyburn with a very
different group this time.

So Saturday I drove to Assiniboia from Weyburn for another Speak Out session.
This again was faced with driving very slow on very icy roads. I was trying to decide
if I should just drive home or keep going. Keep going was the best plan as I was
driving out of a storm and not into one. I must say this was the best class I have
had and once again I really enjoyed it.

So yeah...winter storm, curling, hockey, bad winter roads and keeping warm with
those you care about. How typically Saskatchewan can you get. As tacky as our
centennial slogan is...it is true that the world can use a little more Saskatchewan.

Ok I'll get off my soapbox now....what can I say I'm happy and feel like
strutting.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?