<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 01, 2004

planes, trains and automobiles 

Well I made it back to Saskatchewan. Getting out of London Heathrow is much more stressfull then arriving. My 2hr and 45 minute layover in Toronto turned into me getting there as they boarded the plane. All in all sleeping on the plane makes any flight great. I don't think I have ever taken so many ways of transportation in the last 10 days....car, plane, rental car, charter bus, city bus, taxi, train, underground, lifts, escalator and lots of walking/running!

So traveling hey....a new type of playtime. We talked about an annual marathon trip somewhere. How cool would that be? Chicago, Walt Disney, Anchorage sounds good but Rome sound like the ultimate. Winter training here I come. Apparently I'm not normal in the fact that I went from a half to a full marathon in 6 weeks. I don't mind that.

Funny story with traveling. As you may or not know but Celin Dion has a new song for Air Canada...there I was in the plane and this sappy Celin song comes on with images of excitement and people traveling. It then hit me....I just ran a Marathon. I think the excitement of being in Europe at the time kinda of overshadowed that but it hit me hard due to this stupid song. I just accomplished my goal and it was not to difficult. All the training paid off and I once again really enjoyed this run. I can't tell you the feeling of running the last 6 miles and this rush about finishing. A feeling that made it all worth while. Thanks everyone and a big thanks to my favorite overseas couple and blue eyes. Dreams do come true.

So my new favorite song is by Frank Sinatra...Young at Heart...I think it fits me perfect

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you
If you’re young at heart
For it’s hard, you will find, to be narrow of mind
If you’re young at heart

You can go to extremes with impossible schemes
You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams
And life gets more exciting with each passing day
And love is either in your heart or on it’s way

Don’t you know that it’s worth every treasure on earth
To be young at heart
For as rich as you are it’s much better by far
To be young at heart

And if you should survive to 105
Look at all you’ll derive out of being alive
Then here is the best part
You have a head start
If you are among the very young at heart

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?