<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

The One That Got Away 

Ever feel like there was someone who got away? Someone who is now making someone else very happy. Things never worked out and for whatever reason you just did not do anything or enough to make that person yours. It is basically a “what if question” that I’m sure haunts a few of us. For me I must admit I have this feeling when I look at old pictures or see someone from the past. You really don’t know what you got until it is gone. This reminds me of a story from a High School teacher who was had a serious crush on a girl when he was in University. Of course he never did anything about it and when it was too late he discovered he did have an opportunity except he forgot to do the most obvious thing…..ask. Yes, you see everyone has the right to ask someone for something but everyone also has the right to say no.

What brought on this topic? Well I went out after volleyball with a friend of mine. We met because our “ex’s” were friends. Must be something in the Moose Jaw water because he was supposed to get married and she called it off one week before. What’s with all this crap about guys not being able to commit? Is this covered in Sex in the City? Let’s just say there seems to be a parallel thread between his life and mine. We talked for a while about life and the whys and how comes. It all comes to one simple word. Trust. We both know that we do not want to go back to that and once trust is broken it is very hard to build it up again. I also realize that a history makes life easier. People go back to the one’s they loved since it is easy, convenient and it boils down to not being alone. All I know is that I’m not settling and neither is he. When the last card is laid on the table we were the ones that got away. Does this sound a little arrogant and maybe sour grapes….maybe….but you will not find us with low self esteem. The only thing that is uncontrollable is this….he wanted to start a family very quickly. That plan is on hold but what a better quality…I want to be a loving husband and a great father. Any single ladies interested? You should be.

Hope is the human hug and if there are guys like us out there then there a gals out there like us. It’s all about the adventure and not the destination. My formal education was great but the best education I ever received came from a women.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?