<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 22, 2004

In Between Evolution 



Sometimes in life the stars align, the sky opens up and a phenomenon enters your realm. You become stuck in that moment, that experience and that magic resulting in the world seeming balanced and discover the meaning of life. Unfortunately It Can’t be Nashville Every Night with it la la la las and its yeahs, however when it is, open up all the senses and enjoy the magnitude of a sensory overload.

Saturday I experience the Tragically Hip for the fourth time. I say experienced because as all Hip fans know each concert is a different and unique experience. No show is the same and every set list is unique.

The minute the lights went down and Vaccination Scar started to the final song Little Bones, I sang my heart out. Row 20 treated me well and Gordie and the boys did not disappoint. I can’t say there is another band that I can sing all the songs and tell you what album it is from. The Hip is one of those bands that make me a music lover and proud to be Canadian. If I could follow a band around on a tour it would be the Hip. My favorite songs by far were Bobcaygeon and a beautiful version of Wheat Kings in the middle of the prairies.

The concert was followed by a downtown adventure in Saskatoon that complemented my audio glee with visual glee. After a night like this you just know that there is a higher power in charge of play and it was in full force. Balance can be achieved, if only for a small moment in time.

Soak it up because as the song goes and it is so true it can’t be Nashville every night.

Setlist - Saskatchewan Place, Saskatoon, SK Nov. 20, 2004
Vaccination Scar
Grace, Too
My Music @ Work
Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
Ahead By A Century
Summer's Killing Us
Courage
As Makeshift As We Are
Gift Shop
Bobcaygeon
Nautical Disaster
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
At The Hundredth Meridian
Mean Streak
Poets
New Orleans Is Sinking

1st Encore:
Are You Ready
Wheat Kings
Twist My Arm

2nd Encore:
Heaven Is A Better Place Today
Daredevil
Little Bones

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?