<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 29, 2004

London Calling 

Well I made it Harlow very easy. Great to see my friend again in the "shire" as she calls it. The house is very old with low ceilings. Quite the cabs they have over hear to. They are unmistakable.

Yesterday we were in London. Took a train to the Liverpool station underground. So easy to get around with the tube. Just follow the colors. It is a endless system of stairs, lifts and escalators from floor to floor underground. So we got off the first car and walked up the stairs and boom there it was....Big Ben! yes just right there. Like a regular part of life in front of me. A little surreal is tell ya. Then of to the House of Parliament, Westminster Abby and Buckingham Palace. We saw the changing of the guard but really had no idea what was going on and it was kinda a boring ceremony. Shopping in the Market area in Convent Gardens were everything is super expensive. Shoe are 50 pounds which converts to 125 dollars. After this I actually saw Vincent Vangough's Sunflower....the original just sitting on a wall in a amazing art museum. Just like the one in my house but the original.

Last stop was going to be London Tower but we want three hours there and will see that on Saturday. Walked across the Tower Bridge (the famous landmark on) and then made it back home on a PACKED train to Harlow.

Observations are that London is a very well organized city, very busy city and very expensive city. I love it. The best part was my tour guide was amazing. My legs held up and conversation with a great personality can never be underestimated. As weird as it may be there is something so normal and comforting about hanging out in London together.

Today we are off to Cambridge, I'm getting a haircut and then we are off to she what the nightlife has to offer.

My star is not fading!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?