<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Harvest 

Well I returned from a weekend of home and I got to spend it in a Combine. It was great because this was really the first time that I actually got to run the Combine as I always get to haul grain. I was one of the three Massy Combines in the field plugging along up and down the field. How can sitting in an air conditioned cab with the radio for 14 hours be so bad? No complaints here. We even managed to get to sit down twice for a turkey meal. 3 days just went like that....that and 900 acres of crop.

Points to ponder

If you would of told me a year ago that I would get up at 6:30 am on Holiday Monday to run for two hours, I would of laughed in your face.

Pregnant sisters are not to be picked on or denied jobs they used to do.

Turnips are not my friend.

AM radio sucks. It is country, talk or oldies.

FM radio on Saturday Night rocks.

The gift of family on a farm at harvest is a beautiful and chaotic thing.

Climbing on old plywood bins and darkness is not a good combination.

Dogs really are a man's best friend.

The beauty of a Saskatchewan sunset cannot be describe. It must be experienced.

Finally, no one really dies...they live forever in the memories of those who loved them.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?