<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Future vs Present 

Well now for those of you who have been hanging out with me you will have noticed a big difference in my behavior. Since I have dedicated the last 6 weeks to full marathon training I have not drank since Labour Day. This has been an interesting experience but not a real problem. On the other hand I have also given up fast food, junk food and women. Yes it is my personal season of lent. Well the diet has not been a problem (even with my friend showing off his McDonalds as I was running!) but the women, well I slipped last night. I was completely avoiding the dating game and the phoning. Atlas I failed last night and made a phone call. It was great and very worth the time. See the problem lies that basically I will be away until the middle of November but still when someone is “stalking” you as she put it and you like it, you need to respond.

I can’t say that I have ever been more focused on anything than 42.2 km than anytime in my life. What a commitment and I sure can tell were all my time and energy is being spent based on my poor house, garden, backyard and other volunteer activities. Right now everything is on hold until my trip. Motivation is what gets you going but habit is what keeps you going. However I need to mind the present and not focus only on the future. Does that make sense and is that even possible. Guess I’ll find out like everyone else….just play it out. Never wanting to close a door maybe.

The best part of this is when someone asks you why you are not drinking and you say that I’m running a full marathon in Dublin…..they got nothing.

New pictures are up of the last rider game and the pub crawl. Enjoy!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?