<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 12, 2004

1:47:17 

I think it has just set in. I just accomplished a half marathon. A year ago I was on the outside looking in and today I was beating the pavement. I basically just did something that only I could do. This was not a team sport and luck was not a factor in what happened today. A result of setting a goal and believing in yourself. I must say though that I have a gift and I used my athletic ability today.

So the race was great. Perfect weather. I was going to try to do my splits to stay on pace but so many people in the first 3 km I did not see the markers so I just went with what my body told me to do. Great course except for all the little black flys that got in the mouth and eyes by the lake. It was great to see all the people along the route cheering on and seeing familiar faces on in the crowd and running aswell. For me I just new that I was feeling good. No stiches, no aches just pure adrenaline rush. With 3 km left it was 1:31 and I though maybe I could pull this off in 1:45. I kept my pace but I left everything on the course without a big push at the end. That feels great I left everything on the course. It was also great to see my training partner finish and finish strong.

So this was a great day for play resulting from a lot of work. Motivation was not really needed but I did do a few things. On my left foot was the initials for every toe of my family and on the right the initials of all those special friends. You know who you are. Also in my wrist was DO. Simply the initials of my Geed. He was basically saying DO IT in his own way. I did it.

Finally I want to share my accomplishment with MDF. She basically got me started in this addiction called running. She motivated me to start last year and was with me all the way today. There are things in life that we cannot explain or figure out why it brings such happiness. Her friendship is one of these. It is one of life's great gifts.

I am a runner!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?