<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Weyburn 2004 

Sask Summer Games can be summed up simply as ..."work hard and play hard." Zone 3 did alright but with our number we thought that we would do a little better. I guess that is the competitive nature in our board and mission staff. What a difference in the first half and second half. First half I had baseball and the weather was cold and wet. With baseball you watch the game and that is it. Quite different in second half with warm sunny days and Speed Swimming. That even goes on all day long with heats, prelims and finals. Nice to be out in the sun but I sure wanted to jump in the pool. I had the best mission staff to work with and it is not easy to say that after you spend 7 days with people with little sleep. Let me tell you the personal life conversations were very interesting and I understand life a little more.

Now for the social life...well the first night was very disappointing. No Mission Social. So we had to make our own fun and did we have fun. I basically asked everyone working in the hotels or bars what we should do. Well after a great time in the hotel (by the way I had a fantastic suite) we checked out the night life in Weyburn. Not bad and we ended up at the bar with a Boxing Ring as a dance floor. Cool. Danced it up and chatted it up with the staff. So the rest of the week was this. Work until 11:00 pm go to the hospitality room (alright with karaokee and live band) go to the Royale (bar) then go to the hotel. Basically we went to bed at 4:00 am and up again at 7:00 am. Best part was when I got to the Karaokee night my friends had my songs all picked out for me. I had no idea what I was singing. Street Dance on Thursday which ended way to early. Overall Weyburn was very sociable but that is what happens when happy people head everywhere. Kinda like a Counting Crows song....when everybody loves you, you can never be lonely.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?