<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Ah the weekend 

So the camping adventure was quite the adventure. 754km later and three nights at Duck Mountain, I am happy to report good times by everyone. Great food and better company.

So as I'm leaving I got the call and it was this "good news..it stopped raining...it is now snowing!" Yeah ok good. So I got there about 9:00 pm set up my tent had a burger and then we headed to the our back-up plan...the cabin at the lake. Sorry MacDonald's but "I'm lovin this" Nice rustic cabin right on the lake with the wood stove burning at a nice 26 degrees along with cold pops....perfect. Naturally I slept right in front of the roaring fire and kept it going all night. Much better than the tent listening to the all the young'uns drinking next to us.

Saturday was a gem and after breakfast we headed out on a nice hike to a great resting point for lunch and a few pictures. This was the night we stayed in the tent and it was great. Can't remember the last time I stayed in a tent by myself but I can't remember having a better sleep in a long time. Even had a amazing dream. That never happens. So Sunday was a late start to say. Breakfast in the afternoon and a fire all day. Victorious in horseshoes and we kinda tied on one Sunday night. Fitting as we had to celebrate nothing but a great weekend.

Monday, well we woke up to snow. I was a little cold in the tent after the snow started falling. More breakfast packed up and headed home. I enjoyed the drive home with the view, passing and enjoying my car.

What can I say...most people would say we were crazy for going camping in the snow and rain. One good thing was it was quite and it did not cost us anything as no staff were working. Best thing about our groups is that there are no whiners or high maintenance people that always through a wrench in everything. Only thing that would of made it a total success was if I had that special someone to spend the weekend with me so they could enjoy it aswell.

May long weekend the return of the jukeboxes and in the words of a boater trying to back in to the lake "other way...other way...no other way...other way...no other way" ok maybe you had to be there to appreciate it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?