<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Front Page News and Attitude 

Yesterday I was on the front cover of the newspaper in full color. My face, my name and my phone number included. Yes that was me on the exercise bike being the poster boy for in motion, the new provincial physical activity strategy. Catch me if you can!

Life is so unassuming. Sometime I never know what is going on and sometime I’m in total control of everything. Life doesn’t care which one I’m working with because it just happens. Sounds like a lot of people just don’t care about things until it becomes a problem. Reactive to say the least….I need to work on my proactivity. More than ever I am not a follower and I must learn that the people that score the goals are the one's with the puck on their stick. If you want something done give it to someone who is busy. So true and things are always given to me. I’m beginning to see a world of best interest personalities and I don’t like it. I also found another thing that turns me off with people and women…greed….try to understand the lyrics to “Roses” by Outkast and you will see a bigger picture.

Ok rant over and here is my new meaning of life. I still believe in give more/expect less but I like this better and it this sums things up in my own mind. The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude is more important that events. It is more important that the past, than education, than money, than circumstance, than failures, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important that appearance or skill. It will break an office, a home or a team. The remarkable thing is that I have a choice everyday with my attitude. I cannot change the past, I cannot change the way people act and I cannot change the inevitable. The only thing I can do is play the hand dealt to me and that is my attitude. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

It is funny what I come up with on a run. Everything starts with a strong mind and attitude. Write that down.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?